Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir Manifesto

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Oct 2005

ejflinn wrote:

No other country on earth has the greatest disparities of wealth? Uh, have you ever heard of Asia or Africa?

************* Nice catch. I didn't buy into that, either. The only thing it could mean anyway is that we have the richest people in the world. Comparitively speaking, the average for the lowest amounts to zero.

And talking about "dark" events in the world, the United States doesn't hardly rate an honorable mention in any kind of competition.

If one considers an oppressive society is what it takes to successfully host a noir world, I can think of a lot better places than the United States. Most Muslim countries would serve wonderfully. George Orwell's idea of a totalitarian state pales in comparison to North Korea. Hell, as Ms Flinn noted, tossing a dart at Asia or Africa is a good bet.

The moral implications of noir is an interesting topic.

miker

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com