Re: RARA-AVIS: NY pulp

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Oct 2005

Mandy,

Re your response to Jim Winters's question below:

> > From the writer's side of the table, how well do
> they pay?
>
> Dreadfully, I expect; which doesn't matter if you
> can churn'em out like old Ed Noon. (I can't, but I
> got one so dark, my agent won't represent it and
> hey, any lurid port in a storm.)

According to their website, they don't pay advances for novels. At least they don't mention advances, they just say what percentage of the profits you'll earn.

And it wasn't Ed Noon who churned 'em out. He appeared in what was churned. Mike Avallone was the churner.

JIM DOHERTY

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com