RARA-AVIS: Sincere Apologies

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Oct 2005

To the members of the RARA-AVIS list:

I would have posted this sooner, but didn't realize my message to Miker (who I've already sent a personal apology to) had caused such an uproar.

I've been away from the list for several days (this last month I've been working three jobs instead of my usual two, which is why I was posting so little until the recent donnybrook), and the first of the 140-odd messages that had piled up was Richard's.

I HAD intended my remarks to Miker to be taken toungu-in-cheek. I'm profoundly sorry they were misunderstood. And I'm sorry for causing a rift in the collegiality that has always marked this list even at its most intense.

I'm not apologizing for the substance of the comments.
 I AM aplogizing for the manner in which they were made.

If any of you are going to Magna Cum Murder later this month, I'll add f2f apologies to the written one I'm offering now.

JIM DOHERTY