Charles Williams' suicide (was RARA-AVIS: Re: On Noir)

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 07 Oct 2005

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Robert Elkin <rictusaporia@y...> wrote:

> Yes, in the mid-seventies, though I heard it was in
> his trailer; still, a person doesn't need to be alive
> to be quoted...

Very true. But I am alive (and it was me who was quoted)!

There seems to be a bit of confusion on the details of Charles Williams' suicide. There's the "romantic" version, him going off to sea and never returning. And there's the more everyday version of him topping himself in his appartment. I know it's by the by, but I wouldn't mind knowing the facts. Does anyone know?

I realise it has been discussed here before, but the best evidence put forward then was that found on a French website. Anyone know for sure?

Charlie.