RARA-AVIS: On Cyberpunk

From: eric.frost@fallon.com
Date: 05 Oct 2005

I was recommended a novel called "Altered Carbon" by Richard K. Morgan by one of the employee?s of Partners & Crime, and I can't praise it highly enough.

In a future where people move their consciousness from one body to the next, and "real" death is a rare thing, A former mercenary is released from prison to investigate the "murder" of one of the oldest and richest men in the Galaxy. The client? The man himself.

Very dark and violent with brilliantly scripted action scenes. The book delves into some great territory concerning identity, memory, and consciousness.

"Altered Carbon" is part of a trilogy that follows the same character, Takeshi Kovacs.

Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned on the list before but "Gun, With Occassional Music" by Jonathon Lethem is also great.

-Eric
______________________________________________ Eric Frost Group Head :: Writer Fallon | Worldwide