RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: On Noir

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 04 Oct 2005

FWIW (and I'll admit, it's not much), I'm in Jim Beaver's camp on this issue. The debate is all well and good (if a bit tiresome), but the tone often ventures to places better suited for other, less dignified (!), lists. Occasionally I feel like a message from Dorothy-L has bled onto my computer.

TL

-----Original Message----- From: Bruce Makous < bruce@brucemakous.com> Sent: Oct 4, 2005 1:03 PM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Cc: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: On Noir

With great respect to all, I would have to say that the ongoing philosophical debate is what makes this list what it is. It's priceless stuff, and the passion with which opinions are expressed makes it better than any TV tennis match. I love having a front row seat, and each time there is a go round about definitions of hardboiled or noir or whatever, we end up in at least a slightly different locale. I think that proves this is the cutting edge. I always learn a lot. Deserves a bigger audience, too.

Best wishes to all, Bruce Makous