RARA-AVIS: Casablanca, the sequel to The Maltese Falcon

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 30 Sep 2005

"I've often thought that CASABLANCA told from the Bridgid O'Shaughnessy POV would be noir"

This slip of the film reel has already been corrected, but I like the idea. Brigid slips out of police custody after leaving Spade's presence
(perhaps seduces one of the cops, grabs his gun and shoots him?). We next hear of her in Casablanca. She's heard someone has information about the Falcon; he gambles at Rick's Cafe Americain. Unfortunately, as she enters the club, she spots Guttman and Cairo, who have heard the same rumors.

Mark