Re: RARA-AVIS: Other forms of Writing

From: Kukana Fields ( kukanafields@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Sep 2005

Mr. Calcagno,
  Yes I've written a comedy (novel) called "Lola Knows Best". It's a kind of sex-comedy laced with current affairs set in San Francisco. No one will touch it because the idea of Kent Harrington writing a comedy, is, well, a bad joke to most agents! It was a lot of fun and I hope to write more comedy. Those may have to go in a drawer, but they're going to get written, as I enjoy it. Mind you, I've a very, very hard head. (Maybe I should just write a auto-biography. That would be a real comedy.)

 Below-- just for fun-- is a sample of the humor from the first chapter.

"My story really starts with a question, and I can't remember who asked it now. It came up at lunch a few days after I said I'd marry Lola. Oh, and it was the day I met Carolyn Plum. The question was: if Woody Allen remarried Mia Farrow, how many ways would Soon Yi's child be related to Woody?"

kent

Aldo Calcagno < mysdawg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Kent,

What other forms of writing have you explored? You written noir, thriller, screenplays. Anything on a lighter note?

Aldo

Mystery Dawg http://acalcagno.blogspot.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM