Re: RARA-AVIS: To Kent: is this one yours?

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Sep 2005

Kent wrote:

Here is a list of my titles: Dark Ride, Dia De Los Muertos, The American Boys, The Tattooed Muse, Red Jungle.

*************** I've got a great admiration for Cain's The Postman Always Rings Twice. Sharp prose and a great and intense story. A real classic. There are others. Anderson's Thieves Like Us. Gresham's Nightmare Alley. I've got no heart for a lot of the lackluster stuff that passes for noir nowadays. It seems fashionable for the protagonist to barely bother to struggle, and if they don't care, neither do I.
   On Mario's recommendation I read Dark Ride a year or so ago. It's one of the best noir novels I've ever read. You can feel the desperation, smell the sweat. And topped off with a wicked shot of irony. A great book, Kent. A real classic. Thanks.

miker

______________________________________________________ Yahoo! for Good Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/