RARA-AVIS: Re: BEVERAGE OF CHOICE

From: Jack Quick ( jquick5342@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Sep 2005

Jeff wrote: So, what do the rest of you drink? I drink rye, probably because that's what my uncles drank when I was growing up and I guess I always thought of it as the adult beverage of choice. Judging from a lot of fiction from the 30s and 40s, it seems to have been the liquor of choice then, to be surpassed by bourbon sometime in the 50s or 60s. I think guys like the rat pack helped make bourbon popular.

Put old Jim Beam in my hand. Reminds me of the only fatherly advice my stepfather ever gave me. As I was about to leave home for college he opined that the three most overrated things in the world were teen age sex, truck stop cooking, and Jack Daniels Whiskey.

Alabama Jack

______________________________________________________ Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM