RARA-AVIS: A French tribute to Dennis Lynds

From: Richard Moore ( moorich2@aol.com)
Date: 07 Sep 2005

I just noticed an email from Roger Martin back on August 31st that pays tribute to Dennis Lynds. Martin is an expert observer and commentator on hardboiled and noire fiction. Some years ago he produced an excellent booklet on William Campbell Gault that I have found very useful.

Here is his email to me:

Hello,

a long-time fan of American roman noir I'have had the privilege to devote to Michael Collins the second issue of my Hard-Boiled Dicks serie. We were friends even if Ilive in France and he in USA, and we meet in Paris, with Michael Malone, John Douglas, Howard Fast 15 years ago. It was an extraordinary meeting, the kind you never forget. Next week will be published in L'Humanité ˇn hommage I'm presently writing. He was not only one of the most talentuous authors but a man of qualities, a humanist, one of these individuals that make me love American people even when I disagree with American politics.

I'm upset by this death and I 'll be happy if you could tell to all his friends that he will be missing not only in your country but also in others, among French admirators first.

With my warm regards,

Roger

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM