RARA-AVIS: Plots With Guns and Neil Smith

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 05 Sep 2005

People have been mentioning the hurricane, and for those of you who know Neil Smith, the editor of the former PWG website, his grandparents and sister lost their homes in Pascagoula and his parents are expecting their home in Slidell to be completely gone, although they can't get there yet, and are staying in Mobile with the grandparents and sister right now. They somehow escaped Pascagoula though the homes were lost. Neil went to Bouchercon to participate on his panel, after finding out his family was safe, but he's feeling bad. Besides the problems for his family, he's lost all the places of his childhood and his favorite city where two of his novels and many short stories take place. I just ordered his book, Psychosomatic, which is now available from Amazon, so if anybody else is interested, it might help to cheer him up! I bet it's deliciously brutal and disgusting also. Neil has a new e-mail address if anybody wants to write to him. a.neil.smith@gmail.com Plots With Guns: The Anthology is available from Dennis McMillan, but I had to e-mail Dennis to see how to order. I'll post that info when I get it. I bet some Rara Avians have stories in there. Name yourself, if so! Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM