RARA-AVIS: Into The Badlands - Shameless attempt to use group as travel guide

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 29 Aug 2005

Begging your indulgence, Bill

As some of you may know I wrote a book called Into The Badlands a while back, in which I roamed the States talking to crime writers. I'm about to do an update which will involve me spending most of the next month travelling around the US. I would be grateful if any rara-avians would like to suggest any hb/noir places (in the widest possible sense - i.e. bars as much as bookstores) I should go in the following locales - DC/Fort Lauderdale/Orange County/LA/Austin/St Louis/NYC. If any of you want to email me off-list with any suggestions I would much appreciate it. If any of you happen to live in any of these places and fancy a beer I'd appreciate it even more.

ta

John