RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon "Instead of/After the Banquet" Party

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Aug 2005

Like many of you I'll be going to Bouchercon, and since I actually live in the convention city this year, I'd like to invite you all to a pot-luck get-together at my house on Saturday, 3 September, at 8PM.

I can hear some of you protesting that this is the same night as the banquet. Quite true. But I rarely go to the banquet anymore, and I suspect that's true of many of you. And, since it doesn't start until after the banquet's been in full swing for a half-hour, there should be plenty of party left for those of you who are looking for the Bouchercon equivalent of "Afterprom."

Let me reiterate that this is a pot-luck affair. This means BYOB (and BYO snacks and pop and other party accoutrements, too). We'll provide a six-pack or two, and maybe a tray of snacks, and an ice-filled bathtub, but mostly what we're providing is the site. The job of properly equipping this get-together is yours.

If you're interested, notify me off-line and I'll send you directions to our house from the convention hotel.
 It's maybe a 20 minute drive.

Hope to see some of you there. We'll hoist a few in memory of Ed McBain and Michael Collins.

JIM DOHERTY

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs