Re: RARA-AVIS: "Weird Noir" issue of Hardluck is now online

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 03 Aug 2005

Hi Vicki,

Thanks, the novel's finished and I'm working on the second in the series (or maybe the first - Bad Thoughts might have to be a standalone - Ken B. gave it a thumbs up, but several others in the industry who've seen it think its too grim and horrific to be crime fiction, and that it would have to be published as horror - I'm still not convinced, though). But I can write sympathetic characters when the mood strikes me - I've got a story coming out in EQMM next month that proves it!

Hardluck took a huge step up lookwise when Pat Lambe gave me a new layout and started providing artwork, but I think with the last two issues we've also taken a huge leap quality-wise. I really think we've got some good tough hardboiled and noir stories that people here would get a kick out of. And anyone who's a fan of Gary Lovisi's Griff and Fats series, we've got an original story in the latest issue.

Dave http://www.hardluckstories.com