RARA-AVIS: Hard Case Crime

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 02 Aug 2005

I just finished Wade Miller's Branded Woman. I enjoyed it pretty well, but I've read better by Miller, especially Devil May Care. It was interesting that the book featured a female protagonist who was pretty tough.

It also had that '50s paperback love at first sex thing going, where characters fall almost immediately in love. Reads kind of funny now, but I've read enough books of the era to know it was often supposed to be taken at face value, possibly something to do with the sex being less seamy if you married them off or at least had them fall in love afterwards?

It's the second recent HCC book I've read, along with Plunder of the Sun, dealing with treasure, specifically gold the Spanish tried to take out of the Americas. Like books of that theme, Charles?

Anyway, I got to wondering about sales of HCC books. Charles, if your sales figures aren't classified, which HCC books are selling better, the reprints or the originals? Or do they vary by individual title, having no pattern based on vintage?

Mark