RARA-AVIS: Wade Miller/Whit Masterson

From: edward hermanson ( ciocc999@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Jul 2005

> Oh, the nitpicker in me has to ask, wasn't Touch of
> Evil actually
> written under the name Whit Masterson, not Wade
> Miller? Did they write
> other books under the Msterson name?
>
> Mark

 Having just finished reading The Big Guy by Wade Miller, and havung read several of his/their books in the past, I was interested in this question and did a quick search. Here is what I came up with:

 Whit Masterson is one of several alternate pseudonyms utilized by authors Bill Miller (1920-1961) and Robert Wade (b. 1920), who most often wrote under the joint pen name of Wade Miller. Following his writing partner's death, Robert Wade continued to use the Whit Masterson pseudonym on his own.

1971 The Death of Me Yet

1967 Warning Shot
                 1963 The Yellow Canary

1958 Touch of Evil