Re: RARA-AVIS: And Wajda...

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 11 Jul 2005

Wajda... one of the great film maker of the mid 50s. To the right laudatory comment of Mr.T on Wajda's ASHES AND DIAMOND
(1958), real noir film hidden in a mainstream production, I would like to add another top film by this director: KANAL (1956), part of his WWII trilogy. A genre film, as it could be labeled because of the war topic, but essentially one of the great movies about the Polish insurrection in Warsaw... and a top noir film of the genre. Noir in a neighbor genre. KANAL, one of the earlier Wajda's films, is a great film: bleak, very hard and harrowing.

E.Borgers HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384