RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon/panel

From: Marianne Macdonald ( marianne.macdonald@lineone.net)
Date: 24 Jun 2005

Friday September 2nd 1:00 to 2:00 PM

It's Not the White City. UK Writers span centuries & styles.

Ray Banks Barbara Cleverly Jane Jakeman Marianne MacDonald

Oh dear. Having "cleverly" Googled the other names, which were all unfamiliar to me, I am filled with alarm. Banks seems to be a sort of pulp writer who does Manchester-based noir novels, which is fine; but the others write historical-romantical-foreignish stuff, ancient Egypt, whatever. "Writers span centuries and styles" - yep! The White City is either a sports stadium built a hundred years ago and demolished to build the BBC building in west London, or the poetic nickname of Arequipa.

No moderator yet. I look forward to finding out what the panel is about.

Well - if you see me looking cranky on Friday morning, Tim, say hello. Gently.

Marianne