RE: RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon Panel--The PI & Pop Culture

From: winter_writes@earthlink.net
Date: 24 Jun 2005

I am on THE PI & POP CULTURE on Saturday afternoon (exact time TBD) with Ken Bruen, John Conolly, Reed Coleman, and Eddie Muller. In a rare display of tokenism, I'm the moderator while the writers do all the talking.

Jim Winter

-----Original Message----- From: Bruce Makous < bruce@brucemakous.com>

Tim Wohlforth mentioned the B'con panel, "Hard Boiled in a Post 9/11 World." Sounds like a great subject, Tim. I'll look forward to it as well as the full day of other hardboiled/noir themes.

I'm on a panel Saturday at 1:00 p.m. called "Lovable Villains: an Oxymoron" with William Tapply, David Housewright, David Corbett, and Tess Collins, chair. Any fellow panelists on the list? I suggested to Tess that we bring up the debate over Domenic Stansberry's The Confession. She agreed it was very interesting in this context. I recall that William Tapply was one that had negative comments about The Confession on DOROTHY L without having read the book. Should be an interesting discussion!

Best, Bruce

Northcoast Shakedown http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0975857185/northcoastexi-20/104-2029551-1867167