Re: RARA-AVIS: Tttle of Woolrich Book

From: ciocc9090 ( ciocc9090@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Jun 2005

-> I think it was one of the first Woolrich stories I read, too, and I felt
> the same as you. The way the girl died is ridiculous, but that doomed
> atmosphere Woolrich did is always memorable.
>
> Bill

 The ridiculous seems to happen in most Woolrich stories. I Married a Dead Man is a goood example. how likely is it that a woman garners a dead woman's wedding ring after a train wreck and becomes the sole benefactor of would be/dead guy husband?? but the gloom and dark brooding is so intense that it makes the story work no matter how unbelieveable the plot. the mood in Woolrich becomes more impotant than the actual story.