Re: RARA-AVIS: Frederick Nebel question

From: George Tuttle ( noirfiction@whoever.com)
Date: 22 Jun 2005

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Steven Harbin"
  To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Frederick Nebel question
  Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

  I don't know the answer, but a perusal of the web would seem to
  indicate that if it's an Nebel story that you read in an anthology it
  might be one of these three:
  NEBEL, (Louis) FREDERICK (1903-1967)

  Backwash, (nv) Black Mask May '32
  Hard-Boiled, ed. Bill Pronzini & Jack Adrian, Oxford University
  Press, 1995

  Chains of Darkness, (nv) Dime Detective Jul 1 '33
  Tough Guys & Dangerous Dames, ed. Robert E. Weinberg, Stefan R.
  Dziemianowicz & Martin H. Greenberg, Barnes & Noble, 1993

  Hell's Pay Check, (nv) Dime Detective Dec '31
  Hard-Boiled Detectives, ed. Stefan R. Dziemianowicz, Robert Weinberg
  & Martin H. Greenberg, Gramercy Books, 1992

  Hope this might be of help.

  Steven Harbin

  Juri Nummelin < juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi> wrote:
  What story by Frederick Nebel starts with a sentence like "He
  dropped to his knees and fired"? I think it's in Goulart's
  anthology "Hardboiled Dicks", but I can't find my copy.
  (Something keeps telling me that it could also be Raoul
  Whitfield. Maybe one of his Jo Gar stories?)

  Juri
  http://pulpetti.blogspot.com

      Service.