Re: RARA-AVIS: Frederick Nebel question

From: Steven Harbin ( coachhollywood67@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Jun 2005

 I don't know the answer, but a perusal of the web would seem to indicate that if it's an Nebel story that you read in an anthology it might be one of these three: NEBEL, (Louis) FREDERICK (1903-1967)

   Backwash, (nv) Black Mask May '32
      Hard-Boiled, ed. Bill Pronzini & Jack Adrian, Oxford University Press, 1995

   Chains of Darkness, (nv) Dime Detective Jul 1 '33
      Tough Guys & Dangerous Dames, ed. Robert E. Weinberg, Stefan R. Dziemianowicz & Martin H. Greenberg, Barnes & Noble, 1993

   Hell's Pay Check, (nv) Dime Detective Dec '31
      Hard-Boiled Detectives, ed. Stefan R. Dziemianowicz, Robert Weinberg & Martin H. Greenberg, Gramercy Books, 1992

Hope this might be of help.

Steven Harbin

Juri Nummelin < juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi> wrote: What story by Frederick Nebel starts with a sentence like "He dropped to his knees and fired"? I think it's in Goulart's anthology "Hardboiled Dicks", but I can't find my copy.
(Something keeps telling me that it could also be Raoul Whitfield. Maybe one of his Jo Gar stories?)

Juri http://pulpetti.blogspot.com