RARA-AVIS: Thomas H. Cook's Red Leaves

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 20 Jun 2005

Thomas H. Cook has long been a favorite of mine. I doubt I was old enough to drive when I first read Evidence of Blood and every year or so I read another book of his, usually feeling like I've been punched in the gut by the conclusion. I'm sure it should go without saying among Avians that this is high praise.

My favorite from Cook is Breakheart Hill, but all of his work is worth reading (Mortal Memory is another favorite) and Red Leaves is no exception. I don't know if anyone does a better job at making me feel dread at the inevitable oncoming conclusion.

On deck: The Power of the Dog and Still River