RARA-AVIS: Re: Oblivion, by Peter Abrahams

From: Steve Lichtman ( redgrimes@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 14 Jun 2005

Thanks, Lorna and John. This sounds like a must-get.

lornahuntellison < lornahuntellison@aol.com> wrote:--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Steve Lichtman <redgrimes@s...> wrote:
> Has anybody read this? It's getting some major write-ups (from The
New Yorker, Salon, etc.).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Yep, I read it and it's terrific - one of his best. Enjoyed it nearly as well as Their Wildest Dreams and that book remains one of my favorites by this author.

FYI -- If any interest in YA crime fiction (I have a 9 year old who read it for her "Mystery" book report for spring quarter -- and I read along, too), Abrahams wrote a wonderful, refreshingly not-dumbed-down twist on Alice in Wonderland for Grades 4-8 (?) entitled Down the Rabbit Hole, pub in April or May, 2005. Tough call on who enjoyed it more.

Lorna

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM