Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: About Deadwood

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 10 Jun 2005

Question to Jim: did Walter Hill use also the same sets and/or locations for his Geronimo of 1993??... And we should remember that he did the great The Long Riders...and Southern Comfort with Carradine...

Merci for this interesting discussion which is dead center in the writing range we deal with...

------- No, GERONIMO (which I was also in) was filmed entirely on location in Moab, Utah at a fort built for the film. However (and this returns us a bit to topic), the set we use for DEADWOOD and which Walter used for WILD BILL is the same basic set used for Walter's LAST MAN STANDING, the remake of YOJIMBO-by-way-of-RED HARVEST. It's a Western street built on the old Gene Autry Melody Ranch lot in Newhall, California.

Jim Beaver

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM