RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: About Deadwood

From: andr頤ussolier ( adussolier@yahoo.fr)
Date: 10 Jun 2005

French readers will be happy to know that Deadwood finally come to France in september (canal +). And all the fans already have the American DVDs.

I'm not sure that the serie could hit on that side of the Atlantic. Like The Wire (another great serie by the way), Deadwood is too weird for the french public. Too slow, too written, too exacting for the audience (it's not 24 or The Shield, whatever I think of these series). It's more like a very long movie than a serie stricto sensu. I love that weird rythm and the fact that it's dealing with myth, what could be a handicap here, and what I'm looking for in genre fiction...

Best,

AD

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM