RARA-AVIS: Talking About My Own Writing

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Jun 2005

Although, as Bill says, the writers on the groups talk more about other peoples' writing than their own
(unless they're invited guests), I'm going to break that tradition with some good news.

My collection of true crime articles, JUST THE FACTS - TRUE TALES OF COPS & CRIMINALS, has just been nominated for a Macavity by Mystery Readers International for "Best Non-Fiction Book." This makes three award nominations in less than year. Paint a smile on my face and call me happy!

Of course, since most of the articles were originally printed in MYSTERY READERS JOURNAL, the MRI's publishing arm, some of you might be tempted to conclude that the nomination was fixed.

Of course, you'd be absolutely right.

JIM DOHERTY

__________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM