RARA-AVIS: Kelly into Fortune

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Jun 2005

Dennis,

VERY glad you're sticking around for awhile. Aside from being happy you're still here, it happens I have a question I never got around to asking in May.

You've mentioned that Slot-Machine Kelly was essentially the same character as Dan Fortune.

That being the case, did it ever occur to you when you were putting together either of your two collections of Fortune short stories, to take any of the the Kelly stories and reprint them as Fortune stories, the way Chandler changed Carmady and Dalmas to Marlowe for THE SIMPLE ART OF MURDER and Ross Macdonald changed Joe Rogers to Lew Archer for THE NAME IS ARCHER.

Thanks.

JIM DOHERTY

__________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM