Re: RARA-AVIS: Rara-Avis Award to Dennis Lynds

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Jun 2005

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Lynds" <dennislynds@c...> wrote:
> Mr. T,
>
> You might be interested to know that PointBlank apparently intends to
> publish my experimental mainstream novel PICTURES ON A BED ROOM WALL, fairly
> soon, maybe even before the READER.

Dennis, I look forward to it. It looks like you're up for a big time revival.

> Which 6-7 did you get?

Actually, while searching for stuff in one of the many boxes of mysteries, I found the first three by Mark Sadler and several Collinses I had never read. In case somebody doubts my incompetence, I swear that I bought the Sadlers without knowing that Sadler equals Collins equals Lynds. I bought them at a library sale in Pasadena, quite a long time ago. I also found non-Lynds material, including a couple of Bart Spicers and a copy of Adolfo Bioy Casares's eerie _Adventures of a Photographer in La Plata_ which I was sure somebody had borrowed and never returned.

For some time I've wanted to stop buying books, but libraries are getting rid of such good stuff that it's a crime not to pick them up. A sad state of affairs when fine books have to make room for the self-help fad of the day. But that's another topic.

Best,

MrT

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM