Re: RARA-AVIS: September: Kent Harrington!

From: Aldo Calcagno ( mysdawg@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 02 Jun 2005

This is great news!
  Aldo

William Denton < wtd@pobox.com> wrote: Here's some news about a future guest of honour: Kent Harrington will join us for September! A number of people wondered if he could hang out here, and I got in touch with him, and he was happy to do it. He said he'd welcome our questions and he had some questions for us, too. He's going to Bouchercon, I think, which is at the start of September, and he may then go to South America for the filming of a movie, but he'll have e-mail access and I hope everything will work out.

Kent Harrington is the author of a few books, including DARK RIDE (1996), DIA DE LOS MUERTOS (1997), which you should read if you haven't--it's the one that gets mentioned now and then on the list for its scene of the guy so revved up on horse amphetamines that his eyes bleed--and RED JUNGLE
(2005), which just came out at the start of the year and has had very good reviews. I thought it was great.

Some of you have met or know Kent Harrington, some will probably meet him at Bouchercon. I had a very enjoyable chat on the phone with him. He's a fine noir writer and if his books aren't filling up your bookstore shelves, believe me, it's not because they're bad. Perhaps he'll tell us more about how no major publisher wanted to touch RED JUNGLE.

Until then I hope everyone has a good summer filled with the finest in hardboiled and noir reading. I have a big stack of Fawcett Gold Medals, Serpent's Tails, Hard Case Crimes, Mysterious Presses, Dells, and more, all waiting for me, and I hope to read lots of them.

Bill

--
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : http://www.miskatonic.org/

Mystery Dawg http://acalcagno.blogspot.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~->