RARA-AVIS: Thanks to Dennis Lynds for being our guest

From: William Denton ( wtd@pobox.com)
Date: 31 May 2005

The end of the month came quickly, and so comes to end the month with Dennis Lynds as guest of honour (though I hope he'll squeeze in some replies to the last-minute questions!).

Dennis, thanks again for joining us for the month. It's been an honour and a pleasure, and I know everyone's enjoyed it. You've seen that some of the people on the list are long-time readers of your work, and others are new this month. We've all been glad of the chance to ask you questions, hear your opinions and insights and stories, and discuss things.

I bet that other people on the list did as I did, and saved quotes from your mail. I wrote this down in my notebook: "If I have any overriding philosophy in my books it's that the ultimate function of literature is to disenchant the reader from the spell of received wisdom." That, and other things you've said, got me thinking in new ways about writing, and I'll be mulling them over. For that, thank you.

And thank you for taking the time to be our guest. With Vicki Hendricks last month and you this month, it's been a real high point for the list, and we all appreciate it. Best of luck with your upcoming reissues and new books, and everything else.

Bill

--
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : http://www.miskatonic.org/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~->