Re: RARA-AVIS: Forthcoming Dennis Lynds reissues

From: Dennis Lynds ( dennislynds@cox.net)
Date: 30 May 2005

> "Point Blank will do "the mammoth DENNIS LYNDS READER which will contain
> the entire John Crowe Buena Costa County novel, BLOODWATER, the Michael
> Collins short novel RESURRECTION, the Dennis Lynds short novel TALKING
> TO THE WORLD, and generous selection of both Michael Collins and Dennis
> Lynds short stories. On the schedule after that are all the Dan Fortune
> novels in double volumes, and selected novels of John Crowe, Mark
> Sadler, and William Arden starting with HERE TO DIE by Sadler, and
> featuring critically acclaimed PI Paul Shaw."
>
> Dennis, I'm curious about how these were chosen. For instance,
> Bloodwater is neither the first nor your favorite (didn't you say you
> preferred A Touch of Darkness?) John Crowe novel, so why that one? (On
> a personal note, I have Bloodwater, but not Darkness, so . . .)
> Similarly, wasn't The Falling Man the first Sadler? So why start with
> Here to Die? Am I the only reader who is anal about reading series in
> order?

    Probably not, but the reissues are a collaborative effort between me and JT Lindroos of PointBlank. He thinks, and so do I, that HEAR TO DIE is one of my best books, and wants it to stand alone. The same with A TOUCH OF DARKNESS. JT thinks it should be done individually. BLOODWATER is my second favorite. What develops with the non-Collins books later will have to be worked out. PointBlank can't put books out too fast, it's really only JT and his wife, and that especially applies to me since most of my books have to be scanned into the computer, a tedious process.

> On another note, I just finished the first Buena County novel, Another
> Way to Die. I liked it, although I was a bit confused at the beginning
> until someone finally acknowledged the seeming contradiction of Roy
> wearing the uniform and being six months out of the Army. Once that was
> questioned I was fine. I liked the way you worked in the questioning of
> society. As you noted earlier this month, your critique is not
> situational, but systemic, with the current situation simply exposing
> the normal workings of society and, in this case, what happens to
> someone who is too sensitive to the contradictions.

    Thanks.

Dennis>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM