RARA-AVIS: Today's finds

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 29 May 2005

Big used-book sale in a Ralphs parking lot on Sepulveda a few blocks north
(east? west?) of LAX near La Tijera this weekend and next. Here's what I picked up for a buck each.

WHITE JAZZ, James Ellroy

THE EXECUTIONERS, John D. MacDonald

THE GREEN RIPPER, John D. MacDonald

THE CASE OF THE CONSTANT SUICIDES, John Dickson Carr (1941 Dell map-back)

KILLER'S CHOICE, Ed McBain

SUMMER OF FEAR, T. Jefferson Parker

THE OUTFIT, Richard Stark

BURGLARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS, Lawrence Block

KILL ME TOMORROW, Richard S. Prather

THE WAILING FRAIL, Richard S. Prather

KILL THE CLOWN, Richard S. Prather

PATTERN FOR PANIC, Richard S. Prather

JIGSAW, Ed McBain

THE GLASS-SIDED ANTS' NEST, Peter Dickinson

THE BRIDE WORE BLACK, Cornell Woolrich (1957 Dell Great Mystery Series)

THE LONG WAIT, Mickey Spillane

A DEADLY SHADE OF GOLD, John D. MacDonald

SURVIVAL...ZERO, Mickey Spillane

DOUBLE TROUBLE, Richard S. Prather & Stephen Marlowe

CHIP HARRISON SCORES AGAIN, Lawrence Block

THE BURGLAR WHO TRADED TED WILLIAMS, Lawrence Block

Except for Ed McBain, I've never read any of these authors twice, and most of them not at all. How'd I do? Where do I start?

Jim Beaver

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM