RARA-AVIS: D. Lynds: Work habits

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 29 May 2005

Dennis,

Since you don't mind answering questions, here are a few more before the month ends. First I should say that I had never read any of your books, but because of your visit here I read Cassandra in Red, featuring Dan Fortune, and Cadillac Cowboy, featuring Ford Morgan. I really liked the character of Dan Fortune; I especially liked the details of his home life (the PI as normal human being). The ecological concerns of Cadillac Cowboy struck a chord with me. I will be looking for books under some of your other names.

My questions have to do with your approach to writing as work: Do you work certain hours every day? Do you take a regular vacation? Or are you always on the job? When you get story ideas, do you immediately have your protaganist in mind, or do you ever change it as you go along? Do you write successive drafts, or do you polish as you write?

I have very much enjoyed reading all your answers to other people's questions, and would appreciate your response to any or all of mine.

Karin Montin

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM