RE: RARA-AVIS: Domenic Stansberry as guest author

From: Bruce Makous ( bruce@brucemakous.com)
Date: 23 May 2005

Jack said:

> I know that we have not done a Domenic Stansberry
> month, but Mr. Stansberry seems to espouse so
> much of what we discuss here.
>
> If you didn't catch this when someone else said it,
> you might want to take a look at Stansberry's
> "Manifesto" on his website at:

http://www.domenicstansberry.com/newsletter.htm

I second Jack's idea of a month with Domenic Stansberry as guest author! Earlier this month, when his critics on Dorothy L read his "Noir Manifesto" article (originally published in The New Review of Literature), it quieted the critics down. They realized there was some serious thinking behind his work.

Given the great thinking on this list about noir literature, I'd like to see a discussion with him of his work and the "Manifesto." Having him as guest author would provide that opportunity.

Best, Bruce

Bruce Makous Author: RIDING THE BRAND www.brucemakous.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM