Re: RARA-AVIS: To Have and Have Not

From: Bill Crider ( bcrider@houston.rr.com)
Date: 20 May 2005

Marc said, "Bringing up the subject of Hemingway's lost Paris manuscripts is an interesting coincidence. I wrote an article on that very topic that appears in the current issue of The Hemingway Review (which was mailed out this week). For those interested, the article is titled 'Reclaimed Experience: Trauma Theory and Hemingway's Lost Paris Manuscripts' and it begins on page 62."

And aren't there at least a couple of novels based on that incident? I seem to recall one by Bill Granger (HEMINGWAY'S NOTEBOOK) that might be of interest to this list. I read one called HEMINGWAY'S SUITCASE by MacDonald Harris a good while ago. And one by Joe Haldeman, THE HEMINGWAY HOAX.

Bill Crider

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM