RARA-AVIS: Intelectualizing hardboiled

From: Dick Lochte ( dlochte@adelphia.net)
Date: 17 May 2005

The recent speculation about whether Hammett would have agreed with the idea of Spade being an existential hero reminds me a little of a cartoon by the great Jack Ziegler titled "Spillane Meets Joyce!" The former is saying,
"Mickey, loved the economy of language and the telegraphing of events in 'I, The Jury' and again in 'My Gun Is Quick.' The thought balloon over Spillane's head reads: "Say, he ain't so tough."

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM