Re: RARA-AVIS: Looking for hard-boiled westerns

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 May 2005

Several years ago, I read a wonderful collection of western novelettes by Earl Stanley Gardner, originally published in the pulps. I don't recall the title, and the book is packed away, but it should not be hard to find. Prime stuff if you have a sweet tooth for pulp
*and* westerns. Sometimes I think that Gardner (with Norbert Davis) was the most imaginative of the famous Black Mask group. His stories seem to be all different and all at least pretty good. Who can resist Ed Jenkins? Even at his crudest, Gardner was on the ball.

Best,

MrT

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM