Re: RARA-AVIS: NOIR vs HARD-BOILED

From: Marc Seals ( mseals@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: 12 May 2005

Oh, God. Here we go again. This topic gets brought up every few months and the same things get said. My advice is to search the archives and read what has been said. A good place to start would be last August's thread on the topic. (It has been rehashed since, but perhaps not as exhaustively.) http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/archives/200408/0111.html I actually think that the discussion is a good one. I've used the various distinctions in my teaching. I just don't think it needs repeating so soon and so often.

~Marc