RARA-AVIS: Westlake's hardboiled period

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 11 May 2005

Lawrence Block's blurb on the Hard Case Crime reprint of 361 (which I picked up today) reads:

"My personal favorite of Westlake's hard-boiled period and, to my mind, the first book in which he found a voice that was uniquely his."

So, my question is, what other books fit within Westlake's hardboiled period? Of course, the Parker series fits, as do the Mitch Tobin books, as by Tucker Coe, but the only other hardboiled book under his name I'm aware of is The Mercenaries, which always gets compared to Red Harvest. Of course, I'd never heard of 361. So, are there others?

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM