Re: RARA-AVIS: To Have and Have Not

Date: 10 May 2005

In a message dated 5/10/05 8:02:33 AM, writes:

> I do want to get back to Hemingway. I read some of his stuff at
> such a young age that I'm sure I didn't understand it, and I haven't seen
> the
> film for a long time either.

the film is one of my favorites. I even prefer it to Casablanca, of which it is a deliberate attempt to emulate. I have not read the book, which I understand is quite different. also have read that Hem considered it a lesser work of his. I like the way Hemingway used subtext. for a novelist, he was a fine dramatist as well. would definitely like to read his original story

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!