RARA-AVIS: Mr. Lynds, Mr. Lynds...

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 04 May 2005

Hey, Dennis,

Welcome to this little thing of ours. Keep your eyes on the exits at all times.

Anyway, Mike wrote:

> Not least that I included a new Dan Fortune story in my MAMMOTH BOOK
> OF ROARING TWENTIES WHODUNNITS last year. Welcome Dennis.

Huh? I know Dan's getting along in years (while you, of course, are just a wee young slip of a thing) but how does he figure into the twenties?

Is it a flashback tale? Or was Dan a precocious little tyke (and a lot older than I thought). Or is this the equivalent of an Elseworlds tale?

And you wrote:

> Dan Fortune, if he were still living in the U.S....

Dan moved? Say it ain't so...

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site 75 Years of Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon http://www.thrillingdetective.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM