Re: RARA-AVIS: Chandler's short stories

From: Brian Evankovich ( briane1911a1@hotmail.com)
Date: 03 May 2005

I really, really, really wanted to like "Blackmailers Don't Shoot" and it was part of the reason I searched high and low for a copy of "The Black Mask Boys" that William F. Nolan put together (if you don't have it, get it - awesome history of Black Mask with selections from some of its best writers and even if you have the stories in other collections the author bios are worth the cost). But of the three or four times I've tried to get through
"Blackmailers", I haven't been able to get past the first few scenes. Glad I'm not alone! I'm not the biggest Chandler fan and I thought my reaction to
"Blackmailers" was from that. --Brian

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM