RARA-AVIS: Dennis Lynds in Finnish

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 03 May 2005

I'm writing from Finland where I research pulp and paperback fiction. I've written an entry for you in my book "Pulpografia". Your bibliography in Finnish reads as:

As Michael Collins:

Pelon vangit. Transl. Eija Palsbo. Gummerus: Jyv䳫yl䠱970. Act of Fear. Dodd 1967.

As Brett Halliday:

Niin yst䶤llinen, niin kuollut. Transl. Renne Nikupaavola. Sarjakustannus: Tampere 1964. Too Friendly, Too Dead. Dell 1963.

As Nick Carter:

Terroristijahti Balkanilla. Nick Carter 177. Transl. Ilkka Virkkala. Winthers: Helsinki 1988. Pursuit of the Eagle. Award 1985.

Short stories:

Ep䴯ivoinen yritys, Alfred Hitchcockin j䮮ityskertomuksia 6/1973. (Desperate Attempt) Kuka? Alfred Hitchcockin j䮮ityskertomuksia 7/1973. (Who?)

(There's also one story as by John Crowe, but I don't have the title for it.)

Do you have any recollection of dealing with the Finnish publishers? I've heard from several authors that they did not even know they had been published in Finland. Is that so in your case? "Act of Fear" came from a prestige publisher as a hardback, but the others may have been pirated.

Juri http://pulpetti.blogspot.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM