Re: RARA-AVIS: Dan Fortune series

From: Dennis Lynds ( dennislynds@cox.net)
Date: 02 May 2005

  Mr. Borgers,

  Beginning with BRASS RAINBOW, Serie Noir published all the Dan Fortune books through MINNESOTA STRIP except THE SLASHER, which was first published by my friend Roger Martin's Encre, and then by Rivages. ACT OF FEAR was published by Hachette some time later, and RED ROSA first by L'Atalante, and then by Rivages.

  Everything was done by Dodd Mead or my agent, but I was invited to France twice and met M. Duhamel and others at Serie Noir, and people at Rivages, and Roger Martin. Why they did not continue after Don Fine becane my publisher I don't know, except I think Roger Martin blamed it on the abrupt change in political climate in France.

  Best

  Dennis