Re: RARA-AVIS: Welcome to Dennis Lynds

From: Dennis Lynds ( dennislynds@cox.net)
Date: 02 May 2005

  Hi Jim,

  I don't remember that particular bit of advice, but I do recall corresponding with you about your first novel, TEXAS WIND, which you had sumitted to Manor Books where my old college pal Larry Patterson was number two man. I think it must have been in relation to how long they were taking to answer about the ms. Anyway, the advice is still on the nose if not more so. Everything from writing the book to getting the contract to being published and being paid and receiving royalties takes longer!

  I always liked the Kane Jackson books by "William Arden" and couldn't under stand why they didn't click. I have a hunch they were ahead of their time, the subject of Industrial Espionage not being generally known at the time. I'd just come from 10 years on chemical business magazines magazines, and I knew how much it went on. One of them
  A TOUCH OF DARKNESS is one of my best novels, and a favorite.