RARA-AVIS: Re: Corporate noir

From: Craig Larson ( CLarson@nhcc.edu)
Date: 31 Mar 2005

On the subject of corporate noir and mystery on television, did anyone see the premiere of ABC's new series Eyes? Tim Daley heads a high-tech investigative firm that reminded me of the one mentioned in Dennis Lehane's novel Sacred, the one where Kenzie and Gennaro learned their trade. There are a lot of intriguing supporting characters in the investigators and tech support people, with at least one mole in place, reporting back to Daley's old boss, an arms trader played by Gregg Henry. This first episode wasn't bad at all and proved a promising start to what I hope will continue to be a series worth watching. It's certainly better than the dreadful Alias. Only time will tell how noir it all will be.

Craig Larson Plymouth, MN

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM