RARA-AVIS: corporate noir

From: Gary ( piesbook@execpc.com)
Date: 28 Mar 2005

> Subject: Corporate Noir?
> Does anyone know of crime novels in which the machinations of corporate
> crime as opposed to "underworld" or "mafia" crime is the source of
> suffering and despair.

Ironically I am reading the last Carney Wilde novel by Bart Spicer called Exit, Running. I have yet to finish but it appears to be a case of corporate crime. Carney has purchased the fading assets of a security firm when the mob tries to muscle him. Then, the guy who owned the firm kills himself and his wife blames Carney. Lastly, Carney is dealing with all the business of his own firm when his ignoring of his office manager leads to an in-house revolt. It is definitely about the corporate world, as this P. I. firm is not you average lone wolf operation. And--this is a pretty good novel so far.

Eventually I am going to do an overview of this series for Steve Lewis at Mystery*File.

Best, GWN Gary Warren Niebuhr P. O. Box 341218 Milwaukee, WI 53234 piesbook@execpc.com http://my.execpc.com/~piesbook/piescatalog.html Author of MAKE MINE A MYSTERY and A READERS GUIDE TO THE PRIVATE EYE NOVEL

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM