Re: RARA-AVIS: Re; Language

From: crimeflix ( jmks100@aol.com)
Date: 27 Mar 2005

Hey, I missed most of this, but I think Charlie makes some excellent points and I thought I'd do one last post on the subject. I think a lot of crime fiction (as opposed to mystery fiction) portrays a realistic vision of the world and part of this is in the use of language. I'm not saying that language needs to mimic the way people speak in real life, but I think it should at least reflect it...And I love what Charlie wrote about how he won't sensor himself. I feel the same way. If I hear a character talking in a particular way that's the way I write it. When I do a revision, if something sticks out or seems awkward I'll cut it, but I won't make a cut simply because I think a word will offend a reader...In fact, that's the kind of stuff I always try to keep in. Cheers! http://www.jasonstarr.com

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM